Family law, including issues related to divorce such as valuation and division of property, child and spousal support, and child custody; prenuptial and postnuptial agreements; post judgment modification.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION EXPERIENCE
A Certified Family Law Specialist since 1986, Mickey Katz combines her extensive training and knowledge of the law with exceptional interpersonal skills to guide parties to closure in sensitive, emotionally-charged disputes.
Mickey has played instrumental roles in myriad Family Law and ADR organizations over the past 20 years, including:
- American Bar Association: From 2008-2011, she was
Membership Chair of the ABA Section of Dispute
Resolution and a member of its governing Council.
- State Bar of California: Former Chair, Committee on ADR; Member, Family Law Section Executive Committe (FLEXCOM); Former Chair, Family Law Section ADR/CDR Standing Committee (South).
- California Dispute Resolution Council: Director and Past President.
- A co-founder of the Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association.
- Beverly Hills Bar Association; Former chair, ADR Section; Member, Family Law Section Executive Committee; Member, Board of Governors.
- Held similar positions with Southern California Mediation Association and the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles.
Ms. Katz has trained with Gary Friedman of the Center for Understanding in Conflict/Center for Mediation in Law, and with Roger Fisher and Robert Mnookin at the Harvard Negotiation Project.
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
AV rating with Martindale Hubbell
Frequent speaker, panelist, moderator and coach on mediation, Family Law, collaborative practice and related topics for bar associations, law schools and other organizations
EDUCATION & TRAINING
B.A., Cornell University, 1964
M.Ed., Cornell University, 1965
J.D., Mid-Valley College of Law, 1977
Ms. Katz is available throughout California.